Wednesday, November 11, 2015

11/13 Mollett: Siberian Huskies




My team beats their paws against
The impermeable, icy shell that covers
The ground, ground only children
Of the snow dare to tread.
The noir sky above, adorned with a brocade dress
Flecked with ethereal pearls stretches
Out before us, her emerald scarf
Billowing around her neck.
Her searing breath doesn’t dissuade my team,
Their cerulean eyes are undeterred,
Facing the void where the blackness
Above and the white below become one.
My dogs mirror this intersection,
Black and white comingling
On their steadfast coats.
Though this frozen desert claims many,
It will never cool the hot souls of my team.
They call me the driver, but I’m only a passenger.
I aim them, but their wills spur them onward

Through this barren place.

References:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/48712248/siberian-husky-sled-dog-portrait-canvas

Portrait by TheDogLover available at Etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment